UBET MELBOURNE CUP UPDATE: Punters fancy Trip To Paris on Cup morning
- Fame Game out to $5.00
- Punters rally behind Trip To Paris, Preferment & Who Shot Thebarman
Bookmaker UBET has received more than three times as many bets for Trip To Paris than Fame Game, as punters continue to turn on the Japanese favourite.
“Trip To Paris has been best backed ($8.50-$7.50) to beat Fame Game, and the staggering part is that there have been three times as many bets for Trip To Paris than Fame Game,” said UBET Head of Product Gerard Daffy.
Punters have taken a set against Melbourne Cup favourite Fame Game in the last 24 hours with the Japanese import now out to $5.00 with UBET.
“Fame Game has been all the talk since betting first opened months ago, but since the barrier draw Fame Game has drifted from $3.80 to $5.00, and the signs are there that the price will get bigger,” Daffy said.
“We’ve also seen punters rallying behind Preferment ($10) and Who Shot Thebarman ($18),’ Daffy added.
“As is always the case with the Cup, the outsiders are hugely popular with bolter Sertorious more than halving it’s quote in to $101 from $251.
“While our bookmakers at UBET don’t have high hopes for Sertorious, the support isn’t really a surprise as Cup punters do like to be on the outsiders.
“Sertorious has been backed to win over $2 million in the last 24 hours with UBET, but Prince Of Penzance ($101) and Big Orange ($51) have been backed to win a similar amount in that time,” Daffy said.
UBET’s tips for novice punters:
- Feature Race Pack is ideal for novice punters: select four horses and receive a win, place, trifecta and First4 on all combinations for $20, $50, $100
- Alternatively, let the computer make the selections for you with a Mystery Bet
- If you can’t make it to the TAB, download the UBET mobile app
- For all the latest markets and to find your local TAB at https://ubet.com/retail-outlet-locator