Doomben 10,000 2015: Srikandi favourite after barrier draw
SRIKANDI has replaced Our Boy Malachi as favourite for the Group 1 Doomben 10,000 on Saturday after the barrier draw on Wednesday.
The Ciaron Maher-trained mare remained solid at $6 after drawing barrier five for the 1350m feature at Doomben. Our Boy Malachi drifted from $5 to $7 after landing gate 12 in the 16-horse field.
Bring Me The Maid and Sacred Star were the big movers after the draw. Bring Me The Maid, the only three-year-old in the race, firmed from $10 in to $7 after drawing gate two, while Sacred Star (barrier seven) is in from $12 to $9.
Godolphin had mixed fortunes at the draw. Knoydart was notable drifter ($8-$12) after coming up with barrier 15, while stablemate Generalife ($9.50-$7) will jump from alongside Srikandi after drawing barrier six.
$750,000 DOOMBEN 10,000 (1350m)
Doomben, Saturday, 3.57pm
1. TEMPLE OF BOOM Tony Gollan Michael Rodd 17 59kg
2. BOBAN Chris Waller Glyn Schofield 8 59kg
3. FONTELINA Anthony Cummings Tegan Harrison 13 59kg
4. KNOYDART John O’Shea James McDonald 15 59kg
5. BIG MONEY Rodney Northam Robert Thompson 9 59kg
6. SACRED STAR Tony Pike Zac Purton 7 59kg
7. OUR BOY MALACHI Michael, Wayne & John Hawkes Tommy Berry 12 59kg
8. GENERALIFE John O’Shea Hugh Bowman 6 59kg
9. CHARLIE BOY Peter & Paul Snowden Blake Shinn 16 59kg
10. ROCK STURDY Joseph Pride Timothy Bell 4 59kg
11. NEO (NZ) Stuart Kendrick Bobby El-Issa 14 59kg
12. FLAMINGO STAR (GER) Chris Waller Tye Angland 1 59kg
13. SRIKANDI Ciaron Maher Damian Browne 5 57kg
14. SCISSOR KICK Paul Messara Glen Boss 11 57kg
15. TIME FOR WAR Stuart Kendrick Jim Byrne 10 57kg
16. BRING ME THE MAID Peter G Moody Kerrin McEvoy 2 55kg
17e. NITE ROCKER Lloyd Kennewell Joe Bowditch 3 59kg